Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Food for a Really Busy Day


Last week, my husband and I both had open house at our schools on the same day. This meant that we both had to work from about 7:00 to 9:00. That same day, my daughter met her kindergarten teacher AND said the Pledge of Allegiance at a rally for the Vice President. It was a busy day! So busy, in fact, that my husband never even had a chance to touch the lunch pictured above. Had he had a free moment to eat, he would have had grapes, veggies, french baguette croutons, two fudge covered Oreos, and chicken salad on a deli roll.


I ate the food above in the car while hurrying back from the rally and my daughter's kindergarten registration to get to my school in time for my open house.



Since I knew it was going to be a crazy day with my daughter being shuffled from one place to the next, I prepared three bentos for her starting with this breakfast. She had grapes, a slice of cheese, almonds (in the small container), Cocoa Puffs, Frosted Mini Wheats, and a little ham on pink kitten picks.



She had the snack above before going to wait with the Secret Service before the rally. It contained a yogurt drink, blueberries, red pepper slices, carrots, and cucumber slices.



And, she had this bento while riding in the car with me to the open house at my school. She had more blueberries, grapes, cucumber slices, red pepper strips, cherry tomatoes, mini Club crackers, and turkey on giraffe picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment